which b pan gasket to use

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:42:37 EST

We are working on one of our 96 rams and I looked down the intake and it
is black with oil. I told the mechanic the belly pan gasket is probably
bad and he said while he had the engine out he might as well replace
it. What brand gasket do those of you that have had to replace them
recommend? BTW we don't know what happened to the truck, it was running
perfectly, then we took it to a local oil change place and they had just
changed the oil and a mechanic took the truck on a 200 mile round trip
and barely made it back with low oil pressure and rods knocking badly.
No oil burning though. There is now 169k miles on the truck. 3.9 V6.