Re:Re: 97 Dakota, problems continue...

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 19:56:20 EST

I would also check the idle speed motor. Its located on the back side of
the throttle body. You can see its "port" when the airhat is off. Try
cleaning it with some throttle body cleaner first before replacing it. I
had the exact same symptoms happen on a couple other Chrysler vehicles,
including my '94 Cherokee. Quite often, simply cleaning the idle port fixes
the problem. If cleaning doesn't work, it could very well be the idle speed
motor not opening/closing as it should be. Hope this helps!

-Darren Asuncion
Fairbanks, AK
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:11:58 -0500
> From: "Tim Berry" <coolva1@home.com>
> Subject: DML: Re: 97 Dakota, problems continue...
>
> Check your MAP and Fuel pressure....
> *-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
> Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
> Chesapeake, VA
> Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91
> *-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
> > ok, re-cap... My friends Dak was acting up in the following manner:
crank
> it
> > up and it would run about 2 seconds and die, crank again and die, <get
> pissed
> > off> crank again and give it some gas and it would finally keep running.
> Ok
> > this started when the temps around here went from 70's day/50's night to
> > upper 20's night/mid-30's day. Now for the catch.... His truck did
this
> the
> > whole time it was cold, but now that it has warmed back up, it is not
> doing
> > this. We are afraid it will start back when it drops again outside. Oh
> > yeah, we could reset the computer and it would crank fine for about 1/2
> > day. The codes we got when we put an OBD-II comp on it and we were
> getting
> > codes that were supposed to come from a V-10?? We have by-passed the
MSD,