Recalls

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 22:49:42 EST

This takes me back to a thread a few weeks ago about recalls. I had stated that
my truck had been recalled 4 times and is less than a year old. Ryan was
wondering if I was confused between recalls and TSB's. I never saw my posts
for several days due to an email routing change at work. Anyway, here's the
rundown on my 4 recalls so far on my 2000 CC 4X4 4.7 5 speed:

849 and 850 - One was for a re-program of the PCM due to some cat fault codes
not triggering the check engine light. The other was for several 4x4 5 speed
trucks leaving the factory WITHOUT the transmission crossbrace support
brackets. Not good... Niether of these ended up affecting my truck. But the
dealer had to have it for a freakin day to tell me that.

889 - 4X4 front axle bolt recall. Front axle pinion nose bracket bolts may
loosen over time. Haven't taken it in for this one yet....

891 - Reposition rear axle vent hose and inspect rear brake hose. My truck
was definitely affected but I performed the service myself. Took 3 minutes and
the dealer checked it later and called it good.

 Just an fyi. Still love the truck , but I'm getting sick of finding these
little surprises in the mail. Then I get to make an appointment, tell them I
need it back asap, then they don't even look at the damn thing until 5pm and
I'm standing around waiting on it every time. I'm going to try another dealer
for the 889 recall. The service dept. at Auto-nation Dodge on Bell Rd. in
Phoenix has left me with a serious case of the ho-hums....