Re: RE: My Dak's for sale

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 00:16:57 EST

I have to pop in here and support Chevrolet.My best friend Brad is a mopar
guy,has been and will be.He had a '92 reg cab,swb,2wd,318/auto/3.55sg
dakota,traded it in for a '97 reg cab,swb,2wd,318/5-spd,3.55sg dakota.He
loved both his trucks,as well as his dart sport/demon I helped him
build.When the '99 silverados came out,his '97 had 18K miles on it.When he
would crank it up in the morning,it would smoke for 3-4 minutes.Scott, our
really cool service manager told Brad the dodge would have a new motor in it
if he wanted it,but he decided to trade it for a new '99 silverado reg
cab,swb,2wd,5.3L,4L60E,3.73open.He got that truck and loves it.I must say
that I am quite jealous too! Chevy makes a fine product,he's had no problems
out of his truck and he drives the hell out of it 3/4 of the time.It now has
38K on it and it will still bark second gear,every time! The motor is
stronger than it was new.Never once a ping or leak or anything out of it.I
think that the Vortec motors,the 5.3L at least,Are excellent engines.The
4L60E is a VERY fine piece,and is just something else with the tow/haul
programming.It's like having a factory shift kit at the push of a button.I
am a mopar man,but I have to say that the silverados are a fine piece of
machinery,and hold their own.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
1ST place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National
DML meet!!