Jet 180 tstat/4.7 V8

From: John Clawson (johnc@asltg.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 08:50:39 EST

OK, all you 4.7 folks, help me out, please.

Installed the Jet 180 tstat but it doesn't appear to have made a
noticeable difference on the guage-Maybe 5 deg cooler if that. Drilled
the air bleed hole etc.

Truck runs ok, no real difference- but I expected more of a
change(Bernd, also added 1 bottle DEI rad relief).

Am I missing something here???

I have a Robert Shaw #330-180 but thought I saw a thread before with a
diff P/N for 4.7. Can't really tell if it has air bleed or not due to
very different design. May try to install it this weekend to see if it
makes a difference.

Any comments or suggestions?????

jc
00,cc,4.7,auto,4X4,etc.