RE: RE: Mag. Performance TB dyno results

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:22:22 EST

Well, here's a fact for the Magnum Performance TB: I own a SB-250 "V6 R/T
Package" (which I didn't spend close to $1400 on) and as compared to stock,
there no way it only helps generate 6hp more. It's very noticeable on
torque, acceleration, and economy. Why don't I run it anymore, blower
(needed something bigger). As for the Dyno test from KRC, Marty is a
respectable person but his posting on the website doesn't have any merit
since he didn't post which model TB, what work was done to the specific
model, what was the baseline, what engine was it tested on, what
modifications were on the engine already (if any), and how was the test
performed.

As a rule of thumb, less than 8hp isn't very noticeable at all with the
exception of the smoothness of acceleration (maybe), 10+HP is very
noticeable not only on acceleration but also on how much harder it plants
you in the seat.

- Bernd