Dak Problems

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:33:51 EST

All I gotta say is I am so happy I don't have those problems. <hand
knocking on head> I have not had a bit of problems with mine. The only
thing I foresee happening might be the brakes. They squeal once in a
while....but if it happens, I won't hesitate to replace the rotors with
Powerslots and pads with Raybestos semi-metallics. I did have some minor
pinging in the beginning but going from 87 to 89 octane cured that. Now,
many miles since then and MP HP PCM plus many other mods later, there has
absolutely been no pinging. My truck's not the fastest thing around and I
admit a Lightning will leave me sitting there, BUT not too many others will.
Besides 5,000 lbs. is a lot of truck to move. Still considering which TB
and how I want to do intake. Still very interested in chillin' the air and
possibly a fuel return line. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hear some of
these horror stories and they scare the he$$ out of me but I keep a close
eye on everything and hope I catch things before they crop up.

Just a few pennies worth cuz' I ain't got nothin' to bitch about :-)
Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile