Re: Alignment woes?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:35:32 EST

William,

According to the little sheet hotchkis gave me this is the stock specs for
"Dakota/Durango 2wd"

Degrees Min Nominal Max
Camber -.12 .38 .88
Caster 3.20 3.90 4.60
Toe .03 .03 .13

Cross Camber -.50 0.0 .50
Cross Caster -.50 0.0 .50
Total Toe .05 .15 .25

I think Toe Nominal is a mistake, it should probably be .08

Your steering wheel position is separate from alignment and probably needs
to be mentioned to you mechanic to get them to do any thing about it. Check
out you tires, funky wear can cause the steering wheel to be way off. I had
alignment problems with my Nissan pickup from the day I bought it to the day
the Dodge dealer took it from me, I hope you have better luck.