hemi blocks

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 19:02:05 EST

In one of my previous postings; I mentioned that I
work for a gray iron foundry the makes engine blocks
for diesels and gasoline engine builders. Well, we
make the 426/440 Hemi block for Mopar Performance. If
I was told correctly, the 426 will be the NASCAR block
and the 440 the NHRA block. We also make the Chevy
and Ford racing blocks as well. If Mopar Performance
uses this block, they will have a definite winner
here. This block should be a boon for Mopar racing
teams in NASCAR. Bigger bores and a longer stroke.
We got back a fully machined 440 version for material
testing and for QA dimensional layout. This block
machines very nicely. Can't wait for Daytona! Oh, by
the way, my profile and '94 Dakota stats is under my
own name.
Steven N. Beverly