Re: MAP & TPS Signals

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 01:23:32 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> It monitors TPS vs. MAP voltage and "adjusts" accordingly. It just bypasses
> the incorrect MAP signals and sends the correct one instead (adjustable of
> course from 3 - 4.5v).
>
> <snip>

> Can I get the low down on it?
> Thanks,
> Tom(11s dak)

Yeah - do you mind elaborating? Specifically how the old "incorrect" TPS & MAP
voltages map to the new "correct" ones. Like this maybe:

Old TPS New TPS Old MAP New MAP
0.0v = 0% 0.2v = 0% 3.0v = 1in.Hg 3.5v = 1in.Hg
0.5v = 5% 0.8v = 5% ...

Please nobody use these values as I just pulled them out of my head for an
example. Bernd, I'm just trying to understand which directions to "tweak"
them. Also, try to relate your explanations to a naturally aspirated engine
(like stock) if possible. I know you have been jumping thru hoops lately w/all
that pressure in the intake 8-).

BTW, after all this experimenting - you still ordering the VEC1 or have you got
it already and are playing w/it?

Thanks,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/HookerSuperComp/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"