Intake Manifold Gasket Leaking!

From: Sawyer, Travis (travis.b.sawyer@alcatel.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 11:34:39 EST

Greetings DML'ers:

After a little break from the list I'm back with some Dak woes...

It seems I have an Intake Manifold Gasket Leak. (leaking coolant)
This leak presented itself as a smell in the cab. Satan, er, dealer,
replaced T-Stat and gasket, but I could still smell it.

I brought it back as my check engine light came on...this time they
found it. My intake manifold was leaking the antifreeze onto the
crank shaft sensor, which eventually shorted. After placing
tracer die into the coolant system they found the leak in the manifold
gasket.

Should I expect this on my '97??? (93k miles). A co-worker had to have
his gasket replaced in his '98 with only 13k miles.

Oh, and my evaporator went, compressor is dying, timing chain sprockets
and tensioner were replaced with 'revised' parts. And today I get to
buy a new battery :(

Was there a TSB for the timing chain sprockets and tensioner?

Makes me wonder if it is time to trade this thing in and move on to a
newer one...

-trav

---
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space

Alcatel Networks, Inc. 5 Corporate Drive Andover, MA 01810 (978)691-6335