Re: Manual R/T's

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 11:25:19 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:41:57 -0600, willcoughlin@hotmail.com ("Will
Coughlin") wrote:
>You're talking about Kris Burl, right? He tried to get them to get them to
>install his blower before the motor went in,and some other stuff.I think
>even if you were the one standing there putting leaf springs on, they
>wouldn't let you swap for hotchkis,or if you were assembling engines, you
>couldn't go ahead and out your roller rockers on.Kinda crazy.I would like to

Yes, it's Kris Burl. He and his father are the ones who gave 30 of us
R/T owners a personal tour of the plant. We had to wear protective
gear and were right on the line talking to the workers putting the
trucks together. We even picked on the lady who was installing the
cab mounts, regarding the infamous cab pop. That was fun! <grin>
The plant could never do this for the general public, due to insurance
considerations and disruptions to the work force. I could tell it was
very unusual to have a tour group in the plant, because we got a lot
of surprised reactions from the line workers when they saw us. I
consider myself very lucky to have gotten the chance to walk the
assembly line for our Dakotas.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.425 @ 93.52