Electrical Gremlins

From: Tom (Kaboinga@aol.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 00:51:19 EST

Okaaay - try and solve this one... My clearence lights are hardwired
from the battery to a amber toggle switch. No fuse. (no fuse yet - so
dont yell at me fer doing somthing stupid!) I wanted to patch them in
to the main light switch (parking lights, head lights dash dimmer switch
- you know...) So that they can come on when I turn on the park
lights. I want to keep the amber switch as an indicator/by pass switch
incase I want the clearence lights off for some reason. Well I pulled
apart my dash board... and was able to determine what wires were what on
the wire harness (using an electrical diagram in my manual) I
disconnected the power from the battery to the lights and patched in the
supply wire to the parking light terminal to test it. Well the
clearence lights are on when the parking lights are off. Something is
supplying power to them and I cant figure out what. I know that without
auctually looking at my truck there isnt much to do.. but maby somone
can throw some suggestions my way. I spent all damned day trying to
figure this one out. I tried the other terminals - when I hooked it up
to the headlight switch - the clearence lights came on when the
headlights did. I was also able to get it to work off the instrument
terminal. Only thing is - if I go to dim the dash lights - the
clearence lights dim as well. I dont really want that set up.

Also - my parts orders came in ! woo hoo! a set of chrome valve covers,
chrome breather cap, a couple "dodge truck" hats... and two interior
light assemblys for the ceiling of my bed cap. I need light back there!
A chrome water neck is on back order. And I'm ordering more parts as
soon as my wallet is revived from shock.

--
Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine