Re: ATI Procharger for 4.7 135-140 RWHP gains

From: Jimmy L (blackishdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 03:23:20 EST

Completely Agreed, ATI is the underdog here... I speak on behalf of vortech
on this one but they have a blower out for just about any damn vehicle you
can come up with, and there are NO negative comments about their blower
(that I have read). I learned from Bernd that Vortech stemmed from Paxton so
I am VERY curious to see what paxton can do with our trucks. Anyhoo, those 2
particular companies birth their individualized blowers by themselves as
opposed as to relying on another aftermarket place to do the business. Sorry
to blab so much tonight, but I did extensive research on the right blower to
buy and due to financial limitations, I bought the powerdyne but am VERY
happy with it!
I just realized all my babbling so will end all this quickly, there is no
way that Golden West can put out a 130-140 rwhp blower for anyone in the
dakota world, yet less a 4.7 dakota. Sorry guys, I just don't see it
happening! Hell, they are lucky to get 80hp from the magnum 5.9 that has
been released for how many years now?

Jimmy Latano
'99 5.2 5spd

>>BUT In
My Opinion, if one had the funds and the time to tweak this system correctly
(meaning a HUGE fuel system upgrade) then you would be pullin some serious
horsepower.. <<

Yeah!
My beef is that ATI shoulda' done the tweakin'. It's a nice blower, but by
no means a bolt-on 140hp on a stock engine.

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes
straight to the frame"