Re: I`m feeling really sad for Chrysler(long)

From: Jeffrey Wilson (jeffalso88@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 11:07:29 EST

>From: steve318@webtv.net (Steve Preston)
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: I`m feeling really sad for Chrysler(long)
>Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:30:44 -0500 (EST)
>

>Well,we
>are rapidly getting to the place where we no longer manufacture
>anything,except maybe hamburgers.

Perhaps this is so, however, look at the way the economy is growing. We are
actually moving towards, at least in the US, a totally different type of
economy. With computers, software, and the Internet (e-commerce especially)
who is to say we don't manufacture anything anymore? We are developing the
infra-structure of a whole new commerce that everyone uses.

As for products, such as cars, electronics, etc... Personally, I don't
really much care "where" they were manufactured or by what company. I want
a product that 1) I like owning, 2) Is of good/superior quality and 3) I can
get at a fair price.

I ended up buying my Dak not because of who made it, but on all the good and
outstanding things I'd heard about it. I checked it out, doing a test drive
of it and comparison against other similar vehicles. When it came time to a
decision, the fact that I liked the Dak more than anything else and the
"quality" of it I read about and heard about was what made me to decide.
Oh, and I could afford it :)

So if Chrysler dumps or goes under, I will be sad because I love my Dak and
would hope in the future when I wish to buy another I could get the same
quality and happiness out of it that I get now. However, if they can't
provide me the service and quality I have now, then I'll go somewhere else
with no regrets.

Lastly, I'm fairly young. Only 28 (soon to be 29) and to be honest, growing
up in the economy here in the US, and working for a high-tech, cutting-edge
company, I don't much seem to mind things changing they way they have. In
fact, ultimately, I think things will only get better but we will no longer
be able to go around proclaiming "Made in the USA" like patriots of the
Revoloutionary war. Don't get me wrong, I firmly belive in this country and
I consider myself a patriot, however, when it comes to the economy we are
fast approaching a Global economy and Global society. We can't hole up in
our backyards forever and expect things to go back to the way they where :)

My 2cents... *putting on Flame suit* Flame away.

Jeffrey Wilson