Re: update on my transmission/truck

From: dakotaviper (dakotaviper@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 07:58:47 EST

--- Will Coughlin <willcoughlin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok guys, I got the truck out today for the first
> time in over a week.

Will, I had this problem also on my '94, about six
months ago. I had the alignment redone and it still
did this type of moving from left to right. What I
found out was that it was my tires! Not the
alignment. I had a slipped belt in one of my tires
and different levels of air pressure in the other
three. After getting this take care of; I lost the
problem. As for your tranny problem; transaxles are
built stronger than you think. When you grind the
gears; does it hurt the tranny? Yes to some extent,
but, not point that it puts you in jepardy. Mainly
wearing down of the gears. When you drive on any
expressway at speed; sometimes you have to downshift
in any type of circumstance. For those of us that
have a transaxle; this can be a blessing. I wouldn't
get rid of the dakota. You might find out that it can
do things that a full size can do. Or basically one
that you might think is more "powerful".