Re: Re: magnum heads all crack?

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 21:58:30 EST

Dave,you`ll have antifreeze in your oil,or oil in the
antifreeze.In more extreme cases,you`ll also have
peanut butter in your chocolate! Let`s see,what else?
Oh yes.......if the crack is between cylinders,they
will share compression.If you check one cylinder`s
compression,and it is low,then plug the cylinder next
to it with a spark plug to see if the compression
comes back up.If it does,then part of your air
pressure is leaking into the other cylinder.I strongly
feel that what I just said is accurate,but it would
profit you to ask Bernd for confirmation. :>) --
David Digney <dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,now..how do u find if the heads are
> cracked,without tearing down the
> engine?
>

> >From: "Dave and Charlene"
> <DOHCTurboIII@Sympatico.ca>
> >To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
> >Subject: DML: Re: magnum heads all crack?
> >Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:06:30 -0500

> 3.9 and the machine shop
> >said
> Mopar head they see is
> All were cracked in the
> >#7/#8
> I got one that was
> >crack-free,
> pressure tests..
> >

> >Yes we have done quite a few at work, and they were
> not high milers either.
> > Dave St.Louis

> > 98 GRAND CHEROKEE LTD. 5.9L
> {14.82@91}
> > 89 LEBARON GTC Conv. Intercooled 2.5
> {14.13@95}
> > 88 SHADOW ES Intercooled 16V DOHC 2.2
> {12.04@118}
> > 89 SPIRIT ES
> > Pics at :
>
>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1146486&Auth=false
> >
> > *~*MOPAR OR NO CAR
> !!*~*
> >

> David Digney
> List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
> 00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
> K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

> http://explorer.msn.com

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.