Re: Installed RANCHO RSX SHOCKS !!!!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 16:43:42 EST

> I just purchased and installed Ranchos new equivalent of Edelbrocks IAS
> shocks, they are the Rancho RSX edition. Man 'o' Man do they make a
> difference. They actually raised the front of my truck 1/2 inch. The fluid
> inside the shock expands and makes the shock tighter under moderate to
heavy
> use and let me tell you all this, these shocks work wonderfully. They keep
> the truck completely level and the front end doesnt bottom out while
> off-roading anymore. Incidentally they cost roughly $59.99 each and can be
> installed on the front in about 30 minutes total. (Using hand tools). I
> highly reccommend them for three reasons....
> 1. My dad had Edelbrock Performer IAS shocks all around his 95 4x2
GMC
> Sierra and one of the rear ones exploded for no reason.
> 2. Rancho has a very good warranty.
> 3. Roughly $20 - $30 cheaper per shock
> than "Ittlbreak"

Good to hear you like them. I wont ever buy another Rancho product for my
truck, especially shocks. I bought and installed 4 of the RS5000s and within
a year, all the bushings were completely shot. I spend $50 for all new
bushings, just to have to replace all 4 shocks 6 months later cause they
were shot. As far as warranty.......well just wait, I am sure you will be
needing the warranty! Their customer service department was worse than going
to the customer service desk at Kmart on a Sunday........like I said though,
glad to hear you like them.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6.........Bilsteins on all 4 corners........