Tune-Up Done...Money well spent

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 13:44:42 EST

Ok, got my tune-up complete this past weekend. Tune-up was done not only in
an attempt to pass the emmisions test, but because the truck needed it as
well. Here's what I added - changed - did:
New O2 sensor
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New PCV valve
New crankcase breather (I think that's what it's called)
Cleaned the K&N
Removed TB and cleaned it
New TB gasket
New cap and rotor
The whole deal cost around $100 or so.
Everything listed needed to be done with the exception of the spark plugs
and POSSIBLY the O2 sensor. I must say, the truck is running like new now.
Matter of fact, I smoked this corvette this morning as I was coming into
work. Left him like he was sitting still. Next thing I know, I was doing
like 160mph or so. (Don't ask how I knew the speed since my speedo only
goes to 110). The only bad part about the whole thing is the fact that I'm
going to have to replace the entire exhaust. Guess all my extra power
somehow blew the entire exhaust right off the truck. That's the price you
pay though. Hope everyone is getting a decent laugh so far.
Honestly the truck is running smoother than ever. The real test for me is
the new mpg and emmision test results when I have it tested again this
weekend.
Thanks to all those who gave me tips on this.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95