Re: 97 SLT Evaporator

From: Sawyer, Travis (travis.b.sawyer@alcatel.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 09:08:04 EST

John:

I didn't bother to try, I just don't have the time. After I had about $1800
worth
of Satan work on my '97 Sport+ (Satan==dealer) I had to go back for the
recall
(fuel lines/brake lines recall). I told them I had a woodpecker under the
hood.

You should have seen the look on the service rep's face! Anyhoo, a tech
came out
and looked and it was the condenser on the way out. $500 for the part +
labor.

So, in the past 3 months (93k miles):
evaporator
timing chain sprockets & tensioner
Serp belt & tensioner
shocks
battery
crank shaft sensor
plugged tire
fuel/brake line recall
-------
above: $1900

Todo:
condensor ~$600
Intake Manifold Gasket ~350

When I'm done it'll be about $3000.

Let's see, trade in value... ~10,000
Retail SLT loaded except slush-amatic ~25,000

hmmm... I see an '01 SLT+ in my future...

Q: can you still get the 31" tires on the '01's?

-trav