Re: TB cleaning - Attn: Bernd

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 10:20:35 EST

The IAC (Idle Air Control Solenoid) is what controls your idle quality via a
controlled vacuum leak. It gets dirty quite often and I would recommend that
you clean it about every 10K miles (or at each tune-up..whichever comes first.)

I didn't mention the vacuum hose to the left of the MAP sensor (front of TB)
since you have to remove it anyway if you remove the TB from the vehicle.

Glad to hear it's running better for you. :)

- Bernd

_____