Re: Front Diff OVERFLOWS out the vent tube...

From: ron chapell (rchapell@rlps.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 10:14:09 EST

A couple of questions first. Was the gear oil foamy or creamy looking as if
there might be water in it? and was it cold that morning? If there is water
in the pumpkin, then it might have froze and expanded resulting in an
overflow. Since you don't know whether or not it was ever offroaded, you
can'r rule out the fact that the previous owner might have liked to forge
small creeks and rivers and not taken the necessary precautions to
waterproof the truck first. If this is the case then I would strongly
reccommend draining the pumpkin and replacing with fresh fluid. Hey this
would be a good time to change to a synthetic fluid if you wish. Anyways
good luck in your findings.

Ron Chapell