Front Diff OVERFLOWS out the vent tube...

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 09:39:59 EST

Went out to the Dak the other morning to find a puddle of gear oil under the
front end.... Gear Oil??? Up near the radiator?? Maybe it's not gear oil... That
can't be cuz there is no mistaking *THAT* smell. After a little searching I
realized it had come from the vent tube for the front pumpkin which is clipped
to the radiator support only inches under the hood.

Any ideas WHY this happened? How to avoid it? Is there something wrong with the
breather setup in the diff?

BTW: I bought this truck used with 16k, so who knows the history.... I don't
think I "caused" it, only street driven so far....

'99 CC, 5.2, 4X4, Intense Blue/Driftwood SLT