Re: re installing distributor in a magnum

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 22:23:17 EST

#1 on TDC, cam keyway should be at 4 o'clock (roughly... you should index
it) then drop the dist. in, the pickup plate is marked for #1 TDC, just line
the rotor up w/ that mark.. once she's runnin you should hook it up to a
scan tool and synch the dist.
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto

We decided to get a long block for our ram and my question is when
installing the
distributor how do you make sure that the injector timing is correct since
that is
what I am told the distributor position effects? Any help appreciated.
Jim in Waco.