Re: I am having a squeaking problem

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 21:54:26 EST

Ryan,that sound means that your Dak is truly a Mopar,of the same
bloodline as the 2.2 Charger/LeBaron.I think you just have a squeaky
serpentine belt.My Dak does that also,when it has sat
overnight.Especially in wet weather,or very cold.They do make stuff in a
spray can called belt dressing,that you might use to see if it reduces
the noise.Alternator bearings and timing chain components also make
noise sometimes,but usually they cause whirring/rattling noises. P.S.
I am sorry to hear that you had to have your last name changed like
that.But the Federal Witness Protection Program really is not as bad as
it used to be.I would,however, recommend buying really thick
curtains,and staying away from windows! Steve P.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance