Re: Grille-ing out!!!

From: Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 02:31:06 EST

Uhhhh - Miggity - feel free to jump in here... a premag is gonna get plastic
surgery... improvement or mutilation? heheheh We need premag group support
here guys!!.. Just kidding around Scott! Well - taking into account that I
also do not have a Gen I and a Gen II to compare side to side at the moment...
I can offer these two cents... as far as I know - the front end clip was the
only real thing changed on the Gen IIs. If you can locate a wrecked Gen II,
with the front end intact... you should be able to swap it out. Point is - I
dont think its a simple matter of just swapping grills and headlights. I
"think" you would need to replace the fenders. Almost sure about that. The
Gen II headlamp and side marker assemblys cant be fit into a Gen I fender.
You would have to replace the entire front clip. At the very least the fenders
and the hood. Why not just get a Gen II instead? Keep that Gen I in its full
beauty and get another Dak in addition. Can never have too many trucks!

(for legal reasons and to prevent a flame war (hee hee) if any of what I said
was wrong - then I stand corrected - I was making my assumptions on my
knowldge of the Gen II. My Forte is the Gen I. My 89 Dak.

--
Tom
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine