Re: Re: 9.25 rear assembly ordered from Mopar..

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 07:40:40 EST

Jon, From what I understand from the area rep. He personally called DC "engineers" and they told him that they never see Spider gear failure in the 9.25 rear, and that if the dealer were to send it in under warranty they would return it.
Now, here's what I think.
1. The dealer pulled the cover off and decided to replace the spider gear set.
2. The dealer then pulls the center section out and realizes the extensive damage that has been done from broken pieces floating around, and they now need a complete assembly. At that point they call in the area rep. The area rep. gets involved and ultimately says NO, that it was from abuse, an "it looks like someone reved it high and dumped the clutch"
I tried to argue with them but they were'nt listening.

BTW, Slicks were off, and I spent an afternoon cleaning the underside of the truck before taking it to the dealer ;)

Matt