RE: Mouse in my Dak?

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 14:11:17 EST

I've had this happen to me, usually when it's really cold out.
Bernd was able to stop the squeak by spraying teflon lube on
the linkage. This however didn't work for me (typical...).

My squeak was coming from a rubber bushing at the pedal's pivot
joint. There's a retainer clip holding it all together. If you
remove this, the pedal will be free from the linkage and you can
put grease directly on the rubber surfaces that are squeaking.

I applied a liberal amount of grease to the rubber pieces, put it
back together, and that finally stopped the squeak.

kevin d.