Dak problem....Attn:Mike S.and Darren A.

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:57:57 EST

Mike......no they have not replaced my computer,but I`m sure it`s coming
soon.They may be loathe to do that for fear of being bitched at by
Chrysler,since computers are expensive,and they`re guessing at the
problem.I`d be happy to drive around with a used one,just to see if that
fixes it./ Darren......why did you have to go and buy a better version
of my truck? hehe. More cab,and bigger engine,otherwise your truck looks
like mine.As for your remedy on my truck`s problem(possibly),I have not
checked the cap and rotor.Did your original parts show any wear or any
sign of carbon arcing? Thanks. Steve P. P.S. My truck has also had
the belly pan done and still pings occasionally,usually on hills,even
with 89 octane.They may have flashed my computer already.Don`t know.Too
many trips to the shop to remember.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance