Re: Dak problem....Attn:Mike S.and Darren A.

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 02:13:57 EST

Which is worse for the techs to take, bitching from corporate about
replaceing a computer, or the service manager getting bitched out by the
dealship owner because they had to buy back a truck they can't resell ;)
Sounds like these guys really need to make your truck one of their more
iminent priorities. Heck, there's almost 900 people here that probably
won't ever buy from this dealer ever, not to metnion all the people we come
in contact with...

That's just my twin Lincolns though :)
Mike S.
93 Dak

Steve Preston wrote:

> Mike......no they have not replaced my computer,but I`m sure it`s coming
> soon.They may be loathe to do that for fear of being bitched at by
> Chrysler,since computers are expensive,and they`re guessing at the
> problem.I`d be happy to drive around with a used one,just to see if that
> fixes it./ Darren......why did you have to go and buy a better version
> of my truck? hehe. More cab,and bigger engine,otherwise your truck looks
> like mine.As for your remedy on my truck`s problem(possibly),I have not
> checked the cap and rotor.Did your original parts show any wear or any
> sign of carbon arcing? Thanks. Steve P. P.S. My truck has also had
> the belly pan done and still pings occasionally,usually on hills,even
> with 89 octane.They may have flashed my computer already.Don`t know.Too
> many trips to the shop to remember.
>
> 99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
> system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
> Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
> establishing a safe following distance

Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633