First Spank

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 19:47:38 EST

Well, it had to happen at some point, I got to put the Dak to a real test. I
was waiting at a light, and of course along comes some yahoo who doesn't
feel he should have to wait like the rest of us peasants, so he drives up
into the parking lane so he can shoot out in front of everyone else when the
light changes. I HATE that! So I watched for the opposite yellow, and was
ready when our green light came, and so was he. I had not yet pushed the Dak
so seriously out of the gate, and I burned serious rubber in three gears
(probably because I was shifting way too high) and still pasted this idiot.
I kept half a length ahead for 60' before he had to quit due to parked cars,
and fell back to merge into traffic behind me.

So, the question is, how good was the competition? I'm not sure what the
exact model was, but it was a late-model Pontiac, looked like a Grand Am or
Grand Prix or something. I only saw it from the front in my rear-view
mirror, sorry... heh heh. At least it wasn't a Yugo...

Well, whatever, it was fairly satisfying. I hate jerky drivers.

- Alex/StL
'00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/SxokV7hSrtCVk