Re: Mercedes-Benz 4.7l V8????

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 14:13:04 EST

Oh yes Jon, I thought I had posted this info before?? Maybe not??. Yes, the 4.7L was designed by MB engineers, its a computer generated design. I had'nt heard the part about being designed before the take over??
There is an article that I scanned in, floating around that says "Daimler - Less Chrysler engineers chose to design the new engine with optimum displacement that would maximize fuel economy and minimize emmissions. For the V-8, it meant a smaller displacement- but more usable power, lower noise, vibration, and harshness characteristics AND great durability than the 5.2L it replaces. These were the key oblectives from the very begining of design and engineering of the overhead cam V-8" it goes on to say with 10% less CI, it has 5% more hp, 7% better mpg, and 30% less emissions.

I think they did a great job, whoever the engineers were working for ;)

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5spd
14.23 @ 94.49