Re: DRB programming for new tires

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 14:24:46 EST

Victor:

Have you tried Becker Motors in Seguin? They are pretty decent out there
and have a good service department. Fiasco (Fiesta) Dodge destroyed my
'93 Dak so I'd never set foot in there again and NorthStar seems to be a
rip-off.

I don't know what's involved in the changeover, however, so maybe that's
what a dealership would charge (normal price multiplies by 6). I got one
of them basic Daks - a '95. I think it uses a stick and a wheel to keep
the odometer running. May not be that sophisticated, though.

Richard in San Antonio

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:53:54 -0600 "Victor Carrola, Jr."
<carrola@texas.net> writes:
> I went from 265/70/16s to 265/75/16s on my '01 Dak. According tire
> calculator my speedo is off about 4 mph @ 70mph. That's not too big
> of
> a deal, but it sucks that my overhead computer shows about 2mpg
> less
> now. I was hoping to know the true mpg with my new, bigger,
> heavier
> tires.
>
> I went to North Star Dodge (San Antonio) and they said it would
> cost
> $68. I told them I thought it should be less as it should only take
> 5
> min or so. She said they have to charge a full hour of labor, so I
> said
> see ya.
>
> I then drove to Fiesta Dodge (San Antonio). At first they guy told
> me
> it couldn't be changed, then he said I need to come back with the
> revolutions per mile and it would cost $69. He said the process
> takes
> about an hour. Again, see ya.
>
> I called Crenwelge Motors (Kerville, where I bought the truck).
> They
> said they have to plug in the DRB, drive the truck with it plugged
> in,
> then spend time programming.
>
> I had read on another newsgrougp (can't remember which one) that
> someone
> had this done for $30-$35 bucks. Anyone have advice for me?
>
> Sorry for the somewhat long post.
>
> Vic
> http://carrola.home.texas.net/dodge/dakotamain.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!