Re: 4.7 V8 swap into Gen II

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 22:19:21 EST

Any engine swap I do will be me getting carried away with fixing my truck ;) I just
crossed 190K the other day. Body and frame are in good shape being a southern truck, but
the driveline is starting to need work. So the engine wouldn't be swapped in for
hardcore racing or towing, but general drivability.

As for the NV3500, I am probably going to upgrade to that when my current tran goes
south. I like a stick, and I think I would enjoy the V8 more when I can tell it when to
shift :)

Hopefully when the time comes, I can find a wrecked newer Dak and jsut swap stuff out.

Mike S.