Re: Odd Gas Question

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 22:44:23 EST

Yes,
My wifes VW calls for 89. The motor had always seemed sluggish, and the
MPG's weren't too good either. I decided to try 87, it definetly pepped up
the response, and the gas mileage increased about 1.5 MPG.
This was after 25,000 mi. with no tune-ups, or mods.

I have no idea why it would ping on 89 and not 87!

DAK content;
I always use 87 in my DAK, however, once I added a few gals of 100 octane
Av-gas to a low tank. It felt more powerful, and had a cool exhaust smell.

<< Since the day I drove off the lot I have used 89 Octane in my Dak. 2 weeks
 ago, I accidentally filled it with 87 Octane. The truck actually ran
 better..... Ok.. odd but no problem.. the next time I filled it with 87
again.

 This week, falling back into my old habits, I put 89 back in and it started
 acting just a touch sluggish and I got some ping...

 Anyone else had a similar experience? >>