Re: Re: Modifying an Alum Cap

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 22:38:23 EST

I knew somebody would have some real experience. It's an older style (80's)
aluminum cap. 1-1/2"x2" aluminum tube frame with two cross braces running
widthwise. On the sides and top it has thim aluminum sheetmetal (20 guage or
so, but I'm guessing here). I just need to narrow it. It looks like I can
just cut down the braces and weld them back on to the side frames. I just
don't want to mess up the sheetmetal while I'm doing this.

Thanks for the help. And details are too often over looked, so feel free to go
on :)

Mike S.
93 Dak V6 CC