Re:Towing

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 02:07:35 EST

If I remember correctly, the towing capacity for the V6 is just under
5500lbs? Just make sure you got the proper hitch, etc :) Would think
you might want to use a Class IV hitch. I'm not an expert in towing tho,
maybe some of our "experts" here on the DML can answer better.... *hint*
*hint* Probably could do speed limit on level ground, but you would
probably struggle a bit on the hills, but not too badly. Think combined
weight between towing and payload capacity is about 7900lbs? So you're
actually well under the max that the engine can tow, what the frame can
handle is a whole different story. Course, I'm just taking a shot in the
dark here. :)

Ken Allgood
97 cc SLT 5.2L