Re: RE: Re: What A Mess!!!!! 4.7 1st Oil Change

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 19:22:03 EST

Nice for changing oil filters, but bad on motors.
If that is correct, then every time you start the engine, the oil filter has
to be re-primed before there is any oil pressure.
I would rather have to deal with a little spilt oil.

DAK content
I always fill my new oil filters before installing them.

<< But ya know the best I've seen for an Oil Filter was what my Ex
Girlfriend's
 Rav4 had. Its positioned up towards the top of the engine and the gasket
 faces down. So, once the engine is cut off all the oil drains down into the
 pan and when you remove it you just reach down and un-screw it. No oil
 dripping or any thing. That was about the only thing I liked about that Rav
 well that and the mileage it got on road trips. :)