Re: late season test-n-tune @ Cecil pays off

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 22:20:07 EST

> Those are GREAT times (and consistent) ... especially those 60' times!!!
> You must be putting out close to (if not more than) 300 rwhp.
>
> Did I read you correctly when you wrote that the last two runs were done
> WITHOUT any belt on??? I've read that there is an enormous drain put on
> the battery in a 1/4-mi run and, as a result, have not tried it.

Thanks Bob. As far as without any belt. I've only ever made three runs like
this and didn't have any trouble from the original battery yet. At first I
was a little skeptical about the possibility of an overheating issue, but
found this has not been a problem. At Cecil the lower staging hills are on a
downward incline which will let me drift passed or through the waterbox then
I fire the engine. By the time I pick up my slip at the shack on the return
road the engine coolant temp gauge is still showing a little less than 210
and that's when I pull over to throw the shortbelt back on.

> Are you still using the MT drag radials? I ran on the last day at Cayuga
> up here and, on the first run, laid down two black strips for about 20'.
> Dave said the 'flagman' just looked at him and shook his head. I felt
> them spin on the launch for quite awhile but the Dak ran straight as an
> arrow (thanks to the spring clamps)! Felt like I was still at the water
> pit. Only got two runs in as the track's computer system crashed and they
> couldn't get it to reboot!

Yep, using MT ET DOT Streets 26 x 10.5 and I like them even more after
yesterday! Bummer for the happenings at the last race up there at Cayuga,
there's always next season, though!

> I've got to try to get to Cecil next year! Congrats!

Hope you can! I know your Dak was only a little more than .2 sec. behind me
at National Trail Raceway last August. So, I know with good conditions at
Cecil you'd destroy your current personal best. BTW: opening test-n-tune at
Cecil for 2001 is March 10th.

Shane