Re: OFF TOPIC, thinking about buying a boat

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 23:26:59 EST

> I have the opportunity to purchase a 1962 26' Tollycraft for $3300. The
> boat is in excellent condition and has been well maintained. This would
be
> our first boat purchase. So anyone who knows anything about boats, what
do
> you think?

Jason,
I love boats, mainly for just getting out on the water and for fishing on
larger lakes. We dont ski or tube with our boat. We frequently head out to
Lake Michigan(only 10 minutes from the lake) and once or twice a year we
drive up to Lake Erie, to do some perch and walleye fishing; we do troll for
salmon also. Out boat is a 1972 20' Starcraft, which used to be an Indiana
Department of Natural Resources boat, which was primarily used to patrol the
lakeshore around Indiana Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan. It has a nice
deep hull, which is nice for the rougher waters on the larger lakes we
mainly use. The boat is built nice and solid, with the trailer(all steel),
they weigh in at 3,500 pounds. Sorry, but I cant comment on the price on the
boat....as I really know nothing about pricing. Boat are great, and when
used safely, can be used for many different activities. Good Luck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6