Re: Fuel questions/Fuel Brands

From: David Digney (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 07:40:28 EST

Ok..A short time ago,i was told by my buddy,the Service Manager at Don
Miller Dodge here in Madison,to use the following brands of unleaded.

Phillips 66
Amoco
Citgo
Mobil

He told me,to stay away from: SHELL,CLARK,MARATHON*,& SPEEDWAY-SUPERAMERICA.

Don Miller & some other Dodge dealerships have reported problems with the
latter.Also,I dont use "cheap" gas in my Dak.You know,the kind sold by Food
Store chains like Cub Foods,etc.

Also,i was told to run 89 octane,NOT 87.
Right now,in the cold weather(4 degrees/-27 WC),im runnin 93 Octane Phillips
66...Sure,more than i need,but i notice the difference

>From: "Patrick O'Day" <fogbot@home.com>
>To: "Dakota Mail List" <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: Fuel questions
>Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:14:08 -0800
>
>With all the pinging complaints and issues over oxygenated fuel, I been
>wondering about the gas I'm pumping into my 4.7L Dak.
>
>Does anyone have any information on the difference in the quality of the
>different brands of fuel? Is all gasoline pretty much the same or is there
>really a difference between the brands.
>
>I think I may get better mileage with Chevron over Arco. I haven't done any
>actual test or anything, just seems like the Chevron produces better
>numbers
>on the Daks display. I gotta wonder if power production is affected by
>different fuel formulations with equivalent octane ratings.
>
>Patrick

David Digney
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"DODGE DAKOTA QUAD CAB RULES"