Re: What A Mess!!!!! 4.7 1st Oil Change

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 13:32:06 EST

Hey Ed,

        Didn't we decide that 5W30 was the "proper" viscosity for 4.7Ls?

        The only problem I had changing the oil was draining 6 qts into a
5qt pan. Guess what, I spilt some.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm

Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 22:27:31 -0800 (PST)
From: OLZNUT@webtv.net (Ed Halterman)
Subject: DML: What A Mess!!!!! 4.7 1st Oil Change

   Question, has anyone changed their own oil on a 4.7 Dak??? Well, I
just did and I will NEVER do it again!! I mis-calculated with my drain
pan and as soon as I took the plug out, hot oil shot past my pan, down
my arm, then onto my garage floor. Not cool!!
   Second, who's friggin' idea was it to put the filter where it is and
have that dang little trap door thing to get to it which in reality just
holds the oil up there that the filter drips out when you take it
off!!!! Next time, I'm goin' back to my lube place!! Oh, it took all 6
quarts of my 10-30 Mobil 1 also and right on the money on the dipstick.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver LOADED!!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, will have 350hp Soon to be Intense Blue!!

http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts