Re: Re: Dyno results

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 21:47:43 EST

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:37:54 -0500, Jon Smith wrote:
>I did the tube vs. 14x3 many moons ago, 6hp difference then... after all
>the motor work it's now a 16hp gain. just wait'll i finally convince you to
>put heads and cam on that badboy, THEN you'll be getting a 6" cowl hood and
>a 8" tall K&N ;-) mmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL! Yep, I figure it's only a matter of time before I wind up doing
those heads and cam. I'm running out of bolt-ons and minor internal
mods. <grin> The M1 intake rules, no doubt about it. I still can't
believe that my peak is 258rwhp and at 5500rpm the engine is still
pulling 250rwhp. That's a drop of only 8rwhp. With the stock barrel
intake, my peak of 223rwhp dropped off to 175rwhp at 5500rpm. Even
the guy running the dyno commented on how the engine wanted to keep on
pulling past redline.

>dang it Terry! that 360 isn't supposed to be putting out more than me :-)
>oh well, another month another mod :-)

I'm happy to provide you with continued inspiration to make your truck
go faster. :-)

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.425 @ 93.52, 258 rwhp
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html