Re: Dyno results

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 01:37:54 EST

I did the tube vs. 14x3 many moons ago, 6hp difference then... after all
the motor work it's now a 16hp gain. just wait'll i finally convince you to
put heads and cam on that badboy, THEN you'll be getting a 6" cowl hood and
a 8" tall K&N ;-) mmmmmmmmmmmmm

> So, what does all this mean? Well, my take on it is the Quick D flows
> enough for a 360 with minor mods like Gene's, but it doesn't flow
> enough for a 360 with a lot of mods like mine. The Gen II, on the
> other hand, does flow enough for a 360 with my mods. The Gen II flows
> more than the Quick D, but the Quick D is fine for a 360 with minor
> mods. If you have a Quick D intake and a 360 with a lot of mods like
> mine, you may want to verify that you're not restricting your air
> intake. I'm still debating a Shaker hood. If I stay with the stock
> hood, I'll need to buy a Gen II to increase my intake air flow
> capacity.

dang it Terry! that 360 isn't supposed to be putting out more than me :-)
oh well, another month another mod :-)