Re: Need Input

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 01:43:31 EST

I pulled the heads on my '95 about a month ago. with 96k miles I had no
cylinder wear to speak of. however with that many miles I'd consider
dropping in a 360, or at least a fresh 318. You should have a 46rh tranny,
which is the hydraulic version of the R/T tranny. I've drivin mine like I
stole it 3 years ago, and have had ZERO *knock on wood* problems with the
tranny. the only problem i've had with the truck was blowing out spider
gears :)

-Jon Smith

> I love the list and think it is a great way to exchange ideas. I Have a 93
Dodge Daktoa. I ordered it the way I wanted it. It has the 318 with 3.90
posi. 4-wheel anti lock brakes all the goodies. I love this truck it has
NEVER left me on the side of the road always starts have not had any
promblems at all with though out the 124,000 miles. I have noticed that it
is starting to burn motor oil. About 2 to 3 qt. every 3k. Not a big promblem
but one that will need to be addressed. Most likely the vavle seals have
gone out. But as the old saying goes if you pull the heads you should
rebuild the whole motor.I know when I bought the truck they were haveing a
problem burning up transmissions. I have not had any promblems with mine.
What I would like to know is :

> 1)Does the 2nd gen really burn up transmissions and should I be worried
about it
> 2)has any one put a R/T motor in this type of truck Or does anyone know
were a totaled one is?
> 3)What should I look for to help me make up my mind on selling my truck
and buying a new daktoa. Or should I just Rebuild the motor and hope for the
best?