Fwd: Re: Re: neon Hyundai to build Neons!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 17:43:47 EST

From: Rich Hutchinson <neonrichbms@yahoo.com>
To: neon@iastate.edu
Subject: Re: Re: neon Hyundai to build Neons!
Date: 12/12/2000 7:06:08 AM

> > http://www.autonet.ca/AutonetStories/stories.cfm?storyID=1115
>
> the end is definitely near :(
>
> i would never buy a hyundai made neon.
> i wouldn't buy a pet rock from hyundai.

It's much worse than that.

>From Detnews: http://www.detnews.com/2000/autos/0012/12/b04-161088.htm

"According to the Financial Times Deutschland, the plans for Chrysler
and Mitsubishi go beyond sharing
components. The companies could split the cost of developing new models
and sell identical cars."

This line is the most disturbing:

"Capitol[German magazine] published that under the new plan Chrysler
would lose responsibility for its own
technical development, and the US arm will be directed from Stuttgart,
Germany, and Tokyo."

They also said:

"Bloomberg reports the breakdown of divisions as follows: Luxury
division, representing Mercedes-Benz cars; a
compact and small cars unit, including Chrysler, Mitsubishi and
Smartcars; a sport-utility vehicle unit, including
the Mercedes-Benz M-class model, the Jeep brand and Mitsubishi
sport-utility vehicles; and a
commercial-vehicle subsidiary, including heavy trucks."

One of the things that popped into my head: "Um, where's Dodge?"

For the first time since this mess started, I'm seriously thinking the
end is *not* near. It's *here*.

Rich

=====
Web: http://richweb.allpar.net/
The EEK Chrysler 5th Avenue site:
       http://awc.comercis.net/neonrich/
Car: 1995 Plymouth Neon Highline Coupe:--108k and rising
"Rock & roll used to be about playing music that stood for
something. Now it's background music for Burger King and
McDonald's commercials."(Michael Moore)