4.10 or 3.92?

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 22:59:47 EST

Well will, someone is gonna have to do it... your 1/4" times should not
change by much although your 1/4 mile times will. They should go down
dramatically. I would say to go with the 4.10's, this will give you an
approximate factory ratio of the 3.92's with the 15x8" tire and wheel
combo. as for your 0-60, assuming you are not hazing the tires this number
should go down quite a bit. as for the mileage, i am thinking it will go
up a bit.... ok everyone calm down i am going to explain myself, being a
fellow 4.7 guy i have noticed that if i run one gear lower at a given speed
my mileage goes up. this engine seems to like to rev about 3k for best
mileage, i know that this is horrible for the engine itself so i try not to
do it, but i have tested this a couple times and it is true. It could very
well be the combo of the quick d intake and gibson cat back but i am not
sure as i did not test this theory until both were done. Also the jet chip
has not changed this either. Overall i say go for it, although you may
regret it if you have the 5-speed because i am thinking of stepping down to
a 3.73 gear from my 3.92 since it is a bear to launch hard with the street
tires without leaving a little bit of rubber. I think i just have to work
on finessing it off the line, I guess i am still a bit used to my old
premag with an auto that i could just floor to get a small chirp and off i
went. But anyway now i am doing the classic off topic thing.. I know you
have this truck but my old '53 International didn't do it type of thing...
anyway .... i hope this was helpful and let me know if you would like some
more insight...

Chris

>Well, the time has come to get rid of the 3.55's. I had the 15x8 Sport+
>package on my truck, then replaced it with chromed R/T rims and 275/60R17.
>Now, that puts me at about a 3.33. I'm going to replace the rearend, but
>what should I replace it with? a 3.92 or 4.10? How will my mileage be
>affected with either. What is the performance advantages & disadvantes of
>the 4.10's -vs- the 3.92's.? Will the 0-60 and 1/4" be much different?
>
>william
>
>P.S. I have a 4.7l V8 CC. (QuickD intake, Custom magnaflow dual exhaust,
>3923's, soon to be MP PCM)

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm