Re: Now that I have 2K on my 2K1...

From: Gary Fanning (Gary@Fanning.net)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 23:35:31 EST

I have the Line-x bedliner in my '00 QC. It's ok, but if I could do it
again, I'd go with Speedliner. I have had Line-x and Speedliner spray some
other components, and have spent a little time in each of these two dealers;
should have done that before hand. It may be just my area, but the Line-x
dealer's shop is a total mess; I'm sure a big part of that is the use of
high-pressure application versus low-pressure. The quality difference I see
I believe is due to control; high-pressure and less control. Components
I've had sprayed, by both, you could see an uneven application of product
from Line-x and pin holes. I then scraped, grinded, sanded and had
Speedliner applied. My bed has a few areas of thicker material. Also,
Line-x applies the product very thick; the tail-gate doesn't close as flush
as it use to; even after Line-x grinding some of the material. If you want
a product that is harder with less tack, Line-x works.

Gary Fanning
'00 QC 4x4 4.7L 3.92 lsd