Re: Mercedes-Benz 4.7l V8????

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 08:16:26 EST

It may have less TQ at the crankshaft, but not "lots less" at the rear wheels, where it really matters ;)

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 4.7L 5spd
219 hp 292 TQ
14.23 @ 94.49

In a message dated Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:53:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, Jim Miller <jim76712@swbell.net> writes:

<< > | Not me, I got a 4.7 because it is quicker than a 5.9... (please do not
> | start that debate again) and this way I got to have my first 5-SPEED...

That is probably true that a 5 speed 4.7 is quicker 0 to 60 than a 5.9 auto but
hook a trailer with a 5k pound or greater load to the truck and see which one
accelerates faster. the 4.7 has lots less torque. Both engine and
transmission combinations have their strong and weak points.