RAM Hood latches?? Dakota Hood Latches??

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Wed Dec 13 2000 - 09:31:14 EST

On two occasions in as many days, I've seen full size RAMs where the hood
latches obviously did not do their jobs. The first was entering the highway (and
trying to get onto the shoulder) with the hood up and the second was a truck
already on the highway, with the hood down, but badly bent up near the
windshield, the windshield wasted and the damaged hood *tied* down. I assume the
second truck had met the same fate as the first by the looks of the damage.

Is there an known issue with RAM hood latches? Does it extend to our Dakotas?

Rick

On a non-related topic... I rented the original "Gone In 60 Seconds" and the new
version the other night. Watching them back-to-back in chronological order was a
lot of fun.